We are delighted to be running two short workshops at the forthcoming Scottish Business Exhibition in association with Scottish Development International’s Export Week Scotland. The focus of the two sessions is the strategic use of digital technology and social media to support SME internationalisation.
Used effectively, digital technology and social media can help to overcome many of the traditional barriers to exporting facing small-and-medium sized companies leading to the more rapid internationalisation of the sector. However, few SMEs are exploiting the full potential of digital/social for ‘going global’. A recent ‘State of Digital Scotland Survey’ showed that only 10% of SMEs had a well-defined digital/social media strategy to support their international expansion.
The two sessions will cover the ten key things to get right in order to achieve rapid internationalisation through the strategic use of digital and social media.
Issues covered will include:
- ‘Know Your Market’ – use the Internet to develop your knowledge and understanding of export market opportunities
- ‘Shut Up and Listen’ – how to set up a Social Media Listening System to support export growth
- ‘First Impressions Count’ – what does your current online presence say about your brand?
- ‘Tell Your Story’ – develop a Content Marketing Plan for International Markets
- ‘Relationships Count’ – use social media to build strong online networks as the foundation for export success. Proactively develop and implement a Digital/Social Media Supported Export Strategy
- ‘Get Involved’ – in International Business Online Communities
- ‘e-Marketplaces’ – for direct online selling in international markets (where appropriate)
- ‘Prepare in Advance’ – use social media to support your participation in International Trade Missions: make the right connections before you go
- ‘Be Efficient’ – internal use of social technologies to improve business processes, productivity and competitiveness
- ‘Monitor’ – agree Social Media KPIs and measure your performance on an on-going basis
Dates and times of our two sessions are:
- Thursday 14th Nov 12.00 to 12.30
- Friday 15th Nov 10.30 to 11.00
Tickets (free) are available at http://thescottishbusinessexhibition.com/tickets/
Hope to see you there.